Different types of vegetarians are found depending on the eating habit. By definition, vegetarians are the types of persons, who don’t eat any type of poultry, fish or meat. They have different types of vegetables and fruits in their daily life. But all the vegetarians are not same. There are differences. Some vegetarians only avoid red meat; some avoid fish and meat and so on. So we should know about the variation properly for having a proper idea.
There are different types of vegetarians. In this article, we will give you an appropriate idea about all of the types. So continue reading different types of vegetarians list.
- Pescatarian: Pescatarian describes the specific type of vegetarians who don’t eat any kind of animal flesh or meat. Though they eat fish. Although the specific type of vegetarians has this diet, many other people also follow this kind of diet for their health issues or as an effective step for being a vegetarian.
- Semi-vegetarians: Semi-vegetarians can also be called as the Flexitarian. These people are mostly vegetarian. They eat chicken and avoid fish and red meat. Red meat is avoided by the pesco pollo vegetarians, but they eat fish and chicken.
- Lacto Ovo Vegetarians: Most of the vegetarians are the lacto ovo vegetarians. The words lacto and ovo come from the Latin. Lacto means milk and ovo mean egg. Lacto ovo vegetarians avoid poultry, fish, meat. They have eggs and dairy products. Most of the vegetarians of Western Europe, Canada and U.S. are in this vegetarian category. They eat eggs, milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese and other foods which are made from these.
- Lacto Vegetarians: Lacto vegetarians avoid poultry, fish, meat, eggs and things which have egg in it. They have cheese, yogurt, milk and other dairy products.
- Vegan: Vegans are the vegetarians who don’t eat any types of animal products. So they don’t eat dairy products, eggs, poultry, fish, meat and another such type of products. Some of the vegans also avoid honey besides these products. They don’t use wool, leather, silk or another such type of products made from animal.
- Pollotarian: These vegetarians are like the pescatarian. They don’t eat seafood, fish or red meat. So if anyone doesn’t have these types of foods and have vegetables and fruits, we can describe them as pollotarian. Some other people also follow this type of diet except the pollotarian.
[You Might Want To Read This: Advantages Of Vegetarian Weight Loss Plan]
Though there are different types of vegetarians, the common thing among all of them is that they have vegetables and fruits. They avoid a few things. They have their own thoughts in which they decide which food is needed to be avoided and which one is not. Vegetarian diet is also good for health. So some people follow the vegetarian diet for maintaining good health. It is important for you to know about the vegetarian diet if you want to follow it. So you should know about this properly. It is also important to know the different types which will allow you to have a vast knowledge about their culture.