How Long Do Cold Sores Last? When you meet the cold sore, You will notice that every day is an adventure. But you will be ready. Believe it or not, one cold sore typically goes through five stages during its 8 to 10 days course, and sometimes it can hang around for up to two weeks. This article present you “How long do cold sores lasts? And five stages tips“
The answer of how long do cold sores last
Cold sores (sometimes they are called the fever blisters) is triggered or caused by a virus known as the herpes simplex virus and occurs mainly on the lips and generally on the mouth area, on the nose. As well as on the chin and thus can be annoying and painful at the same time.
It starts with a tingling, burning or an itching sensation around your mouth. Next on, some small acne same spot and fluid-filled sores begin to appear on the edges of your lower lip. However, once the pus inside these blisters oozes out, the cold sores crust over and eventually disappears, which then begs the question of how long do cold sores last?
Naturally, cold sores are known to clear up on their own without having to employ much treatment. They are simply not as dangerous neither do they leave any scars behind. So in asking the question as to how long do cold sores last? It is important that you understand the stages that this condition goes through before they can finally disappear.
First of all, a person may first contract the virus. But it will remain inactive for most of the time and may always be active once in a while and every so often when it is triggered, thus resulting in an outbreak of cold sores since it is a contagious condition.
- Useful Product Review: Overview Of Cold Sore Free Forever
Update: I found the Question: How long do cold sores last? on the Yahoo answer and the best answer:
Medical research in England discovered that many people with cold sore were low in B12 and that by adding 250 micrograms of B12 the condition improved rapidly. This study also recommended using “B complex supplements” with emphasis on the B12 and folic acid.
Externally some of the treatments listed below the cold sores may last from 10 to 14 days. If the sores last longer than 2 weeks or frequently occur, it is advisable to see your doctor or healthcare provider.
How Long Are Cold Sores Contagious?
This video from youtube.com by DermTV.com Epi #397 – Almost everyone has cold sores. But when are they contagious? In this video episode of DermTV, Dr. Schultz answers this question.
What Are The Five Cold Sore Stages?
Cold sores has a healing process that can be broken down into about five stages, and to be more precise, the time taken by cold sores to heal naturally and completely ranges from about 7 to 12 days.
It can first be triggered off by various conditions such as stress, colds, sunlight, fatigue, diarrhea, fever or even by menstruation and once it gets activated it comes to the body surface where it causes cold sores around your mouth, on your cheeks, on your chin as well as on your lips. Therefore to know how long do cold sores last? You will have to follow through the following five stages:
- Tingling Stage (Days 1-2): When you feel the first few signs, with the first tingle, itches, and some burning sensation as the skin feels like it is tightening where the cold sores is about to format. That spot becomes red and swollen and itchy due to an inflammatory reaction from the looming condition and the infection. This process may take one to two days.
- Blister Stage (Days 2-4): Large formation of fluid-filled blisters begins to appear. It can be one single large blister or a cluster of small blisters on that affected spot. The blister was last for about two days.
- Weeping Stage (Day 4): Sometimes regarded as the ulcer stages, this is the stage that the blisters burst open and begin to leak some very highly contagious pus from the site. Once these fluids have leaked out completely, the sores turn grayish in color, and it is a stage that may last just for a single day. Although it is regarded as the most contagious period of the cold sore as virus can easily be passed to others, it may take just but a single day to go.
- Scabbing Stage (Days 5-8): It is in this stage that the cold sore dries out and the golden brown crust appears thus forming a scab. The scabs then shrinks while creating cracks on that part of the skin as it creates some very painful experience and with this you will experience some very severe itching and burning.This stage occurs for about three days; that is between the seventh to the tenth day after the formation of the cold sores. Broken scabs can always lead to secondary infection so do not pick at the scabs.
- Healing Stage (Days 8-10): As the scabs start to come off slowly by slowly, smaller scabs are formed over that spot. The until the cold sores healed. This process takes about two to three days as the cold sores heal leaving behind no scars anyway. In the meantime, your skin may also remain slightly pink or somehow read with some dry flaking and a residual swelling as the place takes time to heal completely.
- Usefull Document: You can download PDF – X-Plain Cold Sores Reference Summary from Nlm.nih.gov
Top Products of Cold Sore Remedies
Updated : Monthly Sales Volume (2015) — I show you the six of the top cold sore products (how long do cold sores last with treatment) , the best ways to prevent and get rid of the cold sores, see the product details click on the image or button:
One Minute Herpes Care (Herpes Care 2015) by Allison Freeman
There are many comments on the various forums. Allison guarantees that this information (e-book) will help many people change their lives. She insists that the product be the easy and miraculous treatment that has been kept secret by doctors and drug companies.
Cold Sore Free Forever by Derek Shepton
If you want to cure finally your painful, embarrassing and contagious cold sores (herpes complex) without spending the fortune on useless over-the-counter products and disappointing medications that don’t work. You will get tons of ideas on natural cures from Cold Sore Free Forever. Three day cure to cold sore so that they go away fast. All treatments are totally safe and natural. Eliminate cold sores without critical drugs that can mess with your natural immune system. The cold sores will stop completely, that means no chance of a recurrence.
Cure Cold Sores Fast by Derek Johnson
The secret to feel and look better and raise self-esteem by curing cold sores in 3 days. You can cure cold sores fast and naturally so that you get your confidence back. A 6-year cold sore victim myself.
It will share with you how to cure the cold sores without having to lose time on useless drugs or creams. The cheapest cold sore cure. Get freedom from the irritation, the pain and sight of cold sores. Your confidence and self-esteem drastically improved.
Get Rid Of Cold Sores Fast by Ellie Gadsby
To show you clearly what get rid of cold sores fast. The real solution for this symptom should be. It is very fun and simple to learn and contains everything you need to deal with your current health concern.
This product is not the creams. Not have the depression and more ineffective cold sore treatments. If you do not want to spend continuously more money, time, and efforts on trying expensive yet helpless remedies just because you want to stop your skin problem immediately, you should try the product.
Cold Sore Freedom in 3 Days by Grace Melgarejo
Anticold Sore Program, It show you the fast way and easy way to get rid of your cold sores or herpes simplex type. So you can get out there and live your life without the embarrassment and low self-esteem cold sores create. Read many testimonials from people just like you that have tried this fast, proven remedy, and have completely cured their cold sores permanently. It challenges you to do the same right now.
Abreva Fast Healing Cold Sore Treatment
Knock out the cold sore in two and a half days. Abreva is the only non-prescription cold sores medicine FDA approved to shorten healing time and duration of symptoms. This product is the number one Pharmacist recommended cold sore medication.
Abreva contains ten percent(%) Docosanol, a unique patented active ingredient that helps protect cells from the virus. As Abreva helps the healthy cells keep the cold sores virus, it has the difficult to infecting more cells. This means the cold sores heal quick, and symptoms do not last as long.
How Long Do Cold Sores Last if Left Untreated
Cold sores may indicate a scarcity in calcium. One sign of a calcium deficiency is biting your nails. Take a calcium supplement and see if the problem changes. Cold sores aren’t just restricted to the mouth or lips but can more occur on nose, eyes and even hands.
- Optional – Read This Article: How To Get Rid Of Cold Sores